ITALBOOKS at ACTFL online 2020
ITALBOOKS at ACTFL online 2020
November 20 - November 22, 2020
The ACTFL Annual Convention and World Languages Expo is where language educators from around the world come to meet. This global event brings together more than 7,000 language educators from all languages, levels, and assignments. Their goal is to provide a comprehensive professional development experience that will have an impact on language educators at all levels of teaching and in turn help their students to succeed in their language learning process.
This year, due to the pandemic, ACTFL goes digital. The ICE office in Chicago will have its own virtual booth, engaging in a matchmaking operation for the for the following Italian companies, who adhered to out initiative (Free of charge): 4 publishers and 6 language schools of Italian.
Check out their profile and their amazing offers:
– ALMA Edizioni: Leading publisher of innovative textbooks, teaching and learning aids for Italian as a second and as a foreign language
– Corraini Edizioni: One of the most innovative and creative publishers of art and design books for both children and adults, engaged in collaborative projects, art labs, galleries, and every aspect of the book production
– Edillingua: World leader in the field of publishing of Italian teaching and learning course books, supplementary books, educational games, e-books, video and video-games as well as of interactive digital platforms
– Hoepli Editore: Prestigious publisher specialized in scientific and technical books, dictionaries, non-fiction and professional books as well as handbooks for standardized school and university’s admission tests
– Accademia Italiana, Salerno: Located near the Amalfi coast, in Southern Italy, the school offers a great variety of language classes and many cultural and recreational activities from limoncello making to pottery and much more. Study abroad or short-term programs are also organized in collaboration with various US Institutions
– A Door to Italy: Located in the city of Genova, on the north west coast of Italy, the school offers a great variety of Italian courses and a wide selection of exciting and authentic Italian culture activities. Cultural and language experiences are specifically designed for seniors and for families with children. The school also offers a study abroad program
– CiaoItaly: Located in the city of Torino, in North Eastern Italy, the school is a certified center for standardized test courses on Italian language proficiency (AIL, CILS & DITALS), and also offers training opportunities and workshops for language teachers
– Clidante: Characterized by a multinational and multicultural environment in downtown Roma, the school fosters confident linguistic communication and cultural understanding, through a great variety of language courses and a wide selection of cultural based classes as well as extra curricular activities
– Italiaidea: Located in the center of Roma, the school offers a great variety of courses of Italian language and culture, approved for credits by several US academic institutions, as well as seminars and workshops for teachers of Italian (L2/LS). The school also assists with the design and the implementation of study abroad programs. It authored New Italian Espresso, a textbook published by Alma Edizioni
– Leonardo da Vinci, Roma: Accredited by the Italian Ministry of Public Education, the school offers training courses for standardized proficiency tests (CILS) and works with American satellite campuses in Italy as well as with study abroad programs from different US Institutions